Most of the country is still being scorched by hot summer weather. We hope to help you cool down with these deliciously simple three ingredient popsicles! Blackberries grow wild and abundantly in the Seattle area where we are based, making these tasty berries easy and fun (and cheap!) to find during the summer and the perfect fruit for this icy treat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Popsicle molds or small cups
– popsicle sticks
– 2 cups of water
– 2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
– ¾ cup honey
Makes around 10 large popsicles depending on your molds.
What to do:
1. Steep 3 teaspoons of Sencha Loose Leaf Green Tea (or three tea bags of Premium Japanese Green) in 2 cups of 180 degree water for 4 minutes. Strain out the loose tea (or remove tea bags).
2. Cool the tea and use a blender to blend tea, blackberries, and honey until liquefied. Optional: Use a strainer to separate the blackberry seeds from the liquid before pouring into the molds.
3. Pour into your popsicle molds or cups, place popsicle sticks in the molds.
Tip: If you’re using cups as popsicle molds, you may want to wait for them to become more solid before adding the popsicle sticks to ensure the sticks freeze upright.
4. Place popsicles in the freezer to freeze until they are solid and easily removed from the molds, and enjoy!
TIp: To ease the popsicles out of a plastic mold, briefly run tepid water over the molds and they should come right out.
Will you try to make these yourself? We’d love to know how they turned out! Share photos of your Blackberry Sencha Green Tea popsicles by tagging us on Instagram @choiceorganicteas, Twitter @choiceorganict, or on Facebook. Happy popsicle making!
Recipe inspired by: http://vanessabaked.com/raspberry-green-tea-popsicles/