Did you know that tea can provide great, unique colors for dyeing eggs? Using tea is a fun way to use what you’ve got in your pantry and avoid food coloring or other dyes.
Here’s what you’ll need for each cup of dye:
– 3 tea bags
– Hot Water
– 1 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
– Approximately 2 hours
What do to:
– Place three tea bags of desired color in each cup
– Pour hot water over the tea bags and steep the tea
– Add 2 Tbsp of vinegar in each cup
– Put one hard-boiled egg in each cup for up to 2 hours to achieve desired color.
Try something a bit different:
– Immediately after removing the egg from the tea, apply a damp sponge to add texture to the color.
– Experiment and adding blueberries or blackberries to some of your teas to create purples and blues.
– Dip in vegetable oil to add a light sheen.
Did you try it? Be sure to take a photo and share it with us on Instagram and Facebook (@ChoiceOrganicTeas) or Twitter (@ChoiceOrganicT)!