Your health & happiness matters. Choice Organic Teas encourages you to make mindful #DailyChoices during the month of May that put your self care first.
What is a self care pledge? It’s a vow to yourself to take intentional actions that support your physical, mental, and emotional health. We call these actions #DailyChoices.
How a self care pledge works: Select one, several, or all self care activities to practice during each week of May and recognize that it’s never wrong to take time for yourself.
This week we’re tackling stress management. Here are self care actions to help minimize stress and help you relax, you deserve it!
– Take 10 deep breaths.
– Close your eyes for 2 minutes and picture the calmest, quietest place you know.
– Pamper yourself with tea! Here are two luxurious spa-like treatments you can do at home:
- Steep two tea bags of your favorite green tea, remove the tea bags and refrigerate them until cool – be sure to sip that tea while you wait! Lie back and relax with the tea bags over your eyes for 10 minutes and let the tannins do their work on puffy, tired eyes.
- Try a Peppermint Tea Foot Bath (makes enough to share with friends or save for later!)
– 1/2 cup baking soda
– 1/4 cup Epsom salt
– The contents of 2 Peppermint tea bags
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture to a container of warm water and soak feet for desired length of time. Once you’re done soaking, be sure to moisturize!
Recipe from http://www.thegunnysack.com
– Listen to your favorite upbeat song. (Dance, if you want!)
– Skip checking email first thing in the morning. Instead, start your day with a 15-minute walk, stretching session, or exercise.
Will you join us in making these daily choices of self care actions during May? We’d love to hear about it, be sure to tag #DailyChoices to share your story with us.
Check back next week where we’ll feature self care actions for restful sleep and energy boosting!