Week 3 is here! During May we’re focusing on self care actions to keep us healthy, happy, rested, and stress free. We’ve covered Stress Management and Restful Sleep, now let’s explore healthy eating and nutrition. What we consume can have a huge effect on how we feel and with hectic schedules it can be difficult to make mindful choices.
This week, let’s make a self care pledge to try these small (delicious!) daily choices and focus on well-being through what we eat.
Healthy Eating & Nutrition:
– Replace a cup of coffee with nourishing Premium Japanese Green tea.
– Play in the kitchen by making a newly discovered recipe. (We recommend the DIY Burrito Bowl from Oh She Glows.)
– Eat an antioxidant-rich fruit like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or prunes.
– Make a superfruit smoothie with a boost – green tea!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tea bags of green tea (Premium Japanese Green, Classic Green, Dragon Well)
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups of vanilla yogurt
- A handful of dry roasted almonds
- Optional: 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
– Brew the tea bags in ¾ cup of water that has been cooled to 180 degrees after boiling for 3 minutes – allow tea to cool after brewing.
– In a blender, add tea, yogurt, blueberries, almonds, and flax seed, blend until desired consistency. (Makes two servings)
Recipe adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-and-green-tea-smoothie-283273
– Conquer the mid-day slump with an indulgent tea like Vanilla Rooibos or Licorice Mint, instead of a sugary drink or snack.
– Fill half your plate with hearty veggies today, like broccoli or asparagus.
Have you been following along and making these daily choices of self care actions with us this month? We’d love to hear about it, be sure to tag #DailyChoices to share your story with us.
Next we’ll cover Mental Health and Happiness – the last and final list of self care actions for May! Keep an eye out next week for our helpful tips and tricks to maintain a healthy outlook on life and stay positive!