Crisp cucumber, cooling mint, and the zip of lime juice pair wonderfully with our White Peony white tea in this week’s refreshing iced tea recipe. This drink is elegant, light, and breezy and pairs well with hot summer nights and friends.
Mint & Lime White Peony Iced Tea
– 2 cups water
– 6 tea bags of White Peony
– 1/4 cup lime juice
– 1/2 cup mint simple syrup (see ingredients below)
– 1/2 cup cucumber (chopped coarsely)
– 1 cup sparkling water
Mint Simple Syrup:
– 1/2 cup sugar- 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
1. Begin by boiling fresh, filtered water.
2. Place tea bags in heat safe measuring cup.
3. Pour 1 cup of boiled water over tea bags.
4. Steep tea for 3 minutes and then remove the tea bags.
5. Make simple syrup by boiling water and sugar together, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar. Once dissolved, add mint leaves and stir. Set aside to cool.
6. Add lime juice and 1 cup of cool water to tea.
7. Strain mint leaves from simple syrup mixture.
8. In a pitcher or serving container add cucumber and simple syrup, muddle lightly.
9. Add lime juice and tea mixture to pitcher. Stir to combine.
10. Add ice to pitcher to chill.
11. Serve over ice with a lime wedge, cucumber slices, and mint as garnish.
Makes approximately 4 8oz servings.
June may be coming to an end, but be sure to check back in July for ice cold tea treats to keep you cool! Chai Tea Latte popsicles, anyone?