Keep the summer fun going with a quintessential summer drink: Sangria! We’ve created a sweet, fruity, ruby-hued rendition of this classic using our Blackberry Hibiscus tea. The sweet-tart flavor of hibiscus and the complementary, subtle berry flavor in this herbal tea offer the perfect addition to this traditional Spanish drink.
Blackberry Hibiscus Sangria
What you’ll need:
– 1/2 apple, cored and chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
– 1/2 orange, chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
– 1/2 peach, pitted and chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
– 2 Tbsp sugar
– 6 tea bags of Blackberry Hibiscus
– 2 cups water
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– 1/2 cup brandy
– 1 bottle of Spanish red wine
1. Boil water and steep tea bags for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Muddle the fruit with sugar at the bottom of a large pitcher to soften and combine.
3. Add brandy and orange juice, muddle with fruit again to combine.
4. Add tea and stir.
5. Fill the rest of the pitcher with wine.
6. Serve over ice and enjoy!
Makes approximately six 8 oz cups.