Our take on a holiday classic: mulled wine enhanced with a brisk black tea! Festive and aromatic, this recipe is sure to warm you up and fill you with cheer. Let the spicy sweet scent fill your home on a cozy Christmas eve or a chilly weekend day like holiday potpourri.
– 1 bottle dry red wine (like Cabernet)
– 2 cups water- 4 tea bags Wild Forest Black
– 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
– 1/2 orange sliced
– 1/2 apple sliced
– 4 cinnamon sticks
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 Tbsp whole cardamom pods
– 1 tsp cloves
1. Steep tea bags in boiled water for up to 5 minutes.
2. Pour bottle of wine into large stock pot along with tea, honey, orange juice, cranberries, fruit slices, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, and cloves.
3. Cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat until simmering and hot.
4. Serve immediately, garnishing with fruit from the pot or fresh pieces of fruit if you like.
Optional: add a touch of brandy to each serving for an extra kick.