Just in time for Thanksgiving is the perfect cranberry sauce side to go with your turkey or tofurky. Our organic ginger tea adds a simple twist to this holiday classic by enhancing the aromatic whole spices and imparting a unique flavor into the recipe.
– 2 cups sugar
– 2 cups water
– 4 whole cardamom pods
– 3 cinnamon sticks
– 1 tsp whole cloves
– 5 Ginger tea bags
– 1 tsp orange zest
– 8 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1. In a large pot over high heat, add water, sugar, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon sticks.
2. Stir, cover, and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Add Ginger tea bags and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove tea bags and spices with a slotted spoon.
6. Add cranberries and increase heat to medium-high and simmer, stirring often until the sauce thickens, cranberries have softened and their skins split. This will take 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove pot from heat and cool to room temperature before serving.