Whether you’re celebrating alone, with friends, or with your partner, these Hibiscus Mocktails are perfect for Valentine’s Day. With its bright red hue and sweet-tart taste, you won’t even miss the alcohol (but vodka would be an easy addition, if you did want to imbibe!).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup honey (or to taste)
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 6 tea bags of Hibiscus Heart (our Blackberry Hibiscus would work well, too)
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Homemade Lemon-Lime Soda:
- Juice of ½ lime
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ½ cups club soda or tonic water
Bring honey and water to a boil in a saucepan, stir and dissolve the honey. Remove the honey and water mixture from the heat and add the tea bags. Steep the tea for five minutes, remove the tea bags and let the mixture cool completely.
Pour the tea mixture into a cocktail shaker and add one cup of ice. Pour in the coconut water and lime juice, place the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously until chilled. Strain evenly into four glasses and top each off with the homemade lemon-lime soda. Serve immediately.
Recipe inspired by and adapted from: http://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/entertaining/virgin-hibiscus-cosmopolitan
January is National Hot Tea Month, and what better way to start the New Year off right than with a rejuvenating cup of hot tea?
Here are our Top 5 Reasons to Drink Tea in 2016:
1. Tea helps soothe symptoms during winter cold season.
According to the CDC, adult Americans combat an average of 2-3 colds per year. Supporting your immune system with a Wellness Tea* like Breathing Space* or Throat Cozy* can help maintain healthy airways or soothe your throat.*
2. Avoid the afternoon energy slump.
Millions of Americans experience the dreaded “3:00 slump” and reach for sugary beverages like soda or energy drinks, or big mugs of coffee, to combat their dip in energy. We recommend choosing a natural way to energize with a tea like Energy Boost*, a crisp, lively green tea blend that supports healthy energy levels and vitality.* Or, try Breakfast Blend from our Gourmet Line, for a robust black tea to enliven your afternoon.
3. Detox all year long with tea.
Sure, detox diets are popular in January, when New Year’s resolutions are new and shiny, but what about a regular detox regime throughout the year? Simply Detox* and Beauty Detox* are specially formulated with herbs to aid liver function and promote clear skin, cleansing your body from the inside out.*
4. Consider your heart health.
With Heart Month just around the corner in February, our new Hibiscus Heart Wellness Tea* helps support cardiovascular health with hibiscus flowers and hawthorn berry.*
5. Eating Clean? Be sure to drink clean too.
- Choose Certified Organic. Even teas billed as “natural” can contain pesticides. Look for the USDA Organic logo on the package to ensure you are drinking the real thing.
- Avoid GMOs in your food…and in your beverages. Look for the Non-GMO Project Verified logo on the packaging to ensure there are no artificially manipulated ingredients in your tea, coffee or other beverages.
- If you are watching your gluten intake, pay attention to sneaky ways gluten can enter your diet. Be sure to look for tea products with the GF logo indicating Gluten-Free certification.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.