After learning useful ways to handle stress, creating good habits for restful sleep and energy, and exploring the importance of healthy eating, we move on to our final self care topic: Mental Health & Happiness.
Here are some of our favorite self care actions that can make a big difference in staying positive, focusing on your goals, and overcoming life’s challenges, large and small.
Mental Health & Happiness:
- Write down one thing you’re grateful for in your life, and place the paper somewhere you’ll see every day. We often forget to appreciate the things we have during times of stress and chaos and having this list handy can be a quick way to remind yourself of the important things in your life.
- Try yoga poses for relaxation and meditation. Have you ever tried pairing yoga poses with tea?
- Have tea time with a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while (or give them a call if they’re far away).
- Pat yourself on the back (literally, if you want!), and compliment yourself on a recent accomplishment. No need to be humble!
- Break up the monotony by planning a weekend getaway, take a walk somewhere unfamiliar, try a new restaurant or recipe, or volunteer. A change of pace can help relieve feelings of stagnation.
May might be coming to an end, but practicing self care should be a year ’round routine. Focusing regularly on your personal well-being can keep you positive, successful, and fulfilled, resulting in a healthier, happier you.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Week 3 is here! During May we’re focusing on self care actions to keep us healthy, happy, rested, and stress free. We’ve covered Stress Management and Restful Sleep, now let’s explore healthy eating and nutrition. What we consume can have a huge effect on how we feel and with hectic schedules it can be difficult to make mindful choices.
This week, let’s make a self care pledge to try these small (delicious!) daily choices and focus on well-being through what we eat.
Healthy Eating & Nutrition:
– Replace a cup of coffee with nourishing Premium Japanese Green tea.
– Play in the kitchen by making a newly discovered recipe. (We recommend the DIY Burrito Bowl from Oh She Glows.)
– Eat an antioxidant-rich fruit like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or prunes.
– Make a superfruit smoothie with a boost – green tea!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tea bags of green tea (Premium Japanese Green, Classic Green, Dragon Well)
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups of vanilla yogurt
- A handful of dry roasted almonds
- Optional: 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
– Brew the tea bags in ¾ cup of water that has been cooled to 180 degrees after boiling for 3 minutes – allow tea to cool after brewing.
– In a blender, add tea, yogurt, blueberries, almonds, and flax seed, blend until desired consistency. (Makes two servings)
Recipe adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-and-green-tea-smoothie-283273
– Conquer the mid-day slump with an indulgent tea like Vanilla Rooibos or Licorice Mint, instead of a sugary drink or snack.
– Fill half your plate with hearty veggies today, like broccoli or asparagus.
Have you been following along and making these daily choices of self care actions with us this month? We’d love to hear about it, be sure to tag #DailyChoices to share your story with us.
Next we’ll cover Mental Health and Happiness – the last and final list of self care actions for May! Keep an eye out next week for our helpful tips and tricks to maintain a healthy outlook on life and stay positive!
Your health & happiness matters. Choice Organic Teas encourages you to make mindful #DailyChoices during the month of May that put your self care first.
What is a self care pledge? It’s a vow to yourself to take intentional actions that support your physical, mental, and emotional health. We call these actions #DailyChoices.
How a self care pledge works: Select one, several, or all self care activities to practice during each week of May and recognize that it’s never wrong to take time for yourself.
This week we’re tackling stress management. Here are self care actions to help minimize stress and help you relax, you deserve it!
– Take 10 deep breaths.
– Close your eyes for 2 minutes and picture the calmest, quietest place you know.
– Pamper yourself with tea! Here are two luxurious spa-like treatments you can do at home:
- Steep two tea bags of your favorite green tea, remove the tea bags and refrigerate them until cool – be sure to sip that tea while you wait! Lie back and relax with the tea bags over your eyes for 10 minutes and let the tannins do their work on puffy, tired eyes.
- Try a Peppermint Tea Foot Bath (makes enough to share with friends or save for later!)
– 1/2 cup baking soda
– 1/4 cup Epsom salt
– The contents of 2 Peppermint tea bags
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture to a container of warm water and soak feet for desired length of time. Once you’re done soaking, be sure to moisturize!
Recipe from http://www.thegunnysack.com
– Listen to your favorite upbeat song. (Dance, if you want!)
– Skip checking email first thing in the morning. Instead, start your day with a 15-minute walk, stretching session, or exercise.
Will you join us in making these daily choices of self care actions during May? We’d love to hear about it, be sure to tag #DailyChoices to share your story with us.
Check back next week where we’ll feature self care actions for restful sleep and energy boosting!